Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Our Daily Bread

It's not the weirdest movie I've seen, but it was kinda weird without anyone talking, which is what most movies do. Since this was a non-narrative movie that would be expected and pretty much shows the daily life of the factory workers and the products that are grown and prepared for market. I thought the chicks part was cute, but I cringed when the machines started to throw them into the basket. How many chickens does there need to be produced to feed billions of people? A lot, apparently. I don't eat chicken everyday, but that was still a lot of chickens. The part where they had to electrocute the cows to give them a seizure also made me sad. I'm not sure how the factory workers can stand being around blood and guts all day, and cutting and slicing open the animals, but I guess they got used to it. There's that and one important thing here. This is pretty much how we get our food, from the farm to the dinner table. I just wish they had better living conditions, especially the chickens. A big sunroof will do wonders for those feathers. And space. Of course that would mean that factories would need space, far away from the city in order to harbor all of those animals and people.

No comments:

Post a Comment